Thursday, January 17, 2008

Not for nothing

I think it makes sense to let you know, and keep track for myself, of how NOT doing things is contributing to my life in a positive way.

First of all, I am definitely staying more in touch with more people. I had phone conversations with THREE friends yesterday, two of whom I have not seen socially since last summer. The third, I was only able to see one-on-one ONE time since last summer, for a quickie 30 min. lunch. I've also been able to start keeping up with Facebook and actually using it to interact and not just add stupid applications. I've been putting a bit of thought into the personal info and status updates, and writing on freinds walls and messaging them. I've had facebook for months and this is the first week I've really used it to communicate. It IS a superficial means of relating, but honestly, I'm using it to stay in touch with people I haven't seen, talked to, or emailed in years, and that's been frustrating me and I couldn't find the time to fix it.

Second, I have gone months and months without practicing, very frustrated about not having the time, and this week I have practiced Monday and Wednesday.

Third, I have been frustrated about my retarded Windows Media Player that does not work, and last night I finally took time to download WinAmp, and now everything I was frustrated about with my laptop...almost everything... is solved. I'm still frustrated that I have not yet installed the driver for my DragonDrive or replaced the battery, but maybe that can happen soon too.

So, that's what's come so far of my NOT doing things :) Thanks for reading.

No comments: