Thursday, January 10, 2008

My inspiration

My idea for this blog comes from Judith Levine's book, "Not Buying It", in which she details her year without buying anything she doesn't need. I am trying to do something similar with my time. Every day, I am going to share some post about something I did to cut out the time I spend on things that don't really matter.

Thing for today...I had started watching a DVD I got from Netflix, but it turned out I did not actually enjoy the movie. So I did something I never would have considered before. Instead of trying to finish it today or this evening, I sent it back. That's right, I sent it back without finishing it. And my goal is, for the rest of 2008, not to actually finish watching or reading any book or movie unless I am finding it somehow more enjoyable or otherwise beneficial than average. Part of my "not doing it" this year is going to be "not finishing it!".

No comments: